The OSL innovative community internal address system is designed appropriately for the haphazard unique layout mix of the Ghanaian structural environment. The OSL innovative community internal address system consist of unique numbering patterns of streets and houses in communities with formal and informal layouts as shown below;
KEY FACTS ON OSL STREET ON CODING PATTERN
- The community shall have a main a entry point
- The main street start from the community entry point
- The community main street will be coded 00
- All street branching from the main street is assigned a 2 digit code starting from 01,02 etc odd numbers (01,03,05) are assigned to those branches to the left. Even numbers (02,04,06) are assigned to the right
- All the branching from the 2 digit coded streets bear the codes of the streets they branch from plus two additional codes indicating their left or right turns. Streets branching to the left will have odd numbers ie 01,03 etc. and those to the right 002,04 etc. to give such streets 4-digit codes.
- Street codes compliment street names to facilitate navigation with the communities.
- The coding of the streets follows 'the first contacted street from the entry point, the first codded' principle.
OSL BASIC STREET NUMBERING PATTERN TO SUPPORT STREETS NAMING FOR EASY NAVIGATION WITHIN COMMUNITIES
KEY FACTS ON OSL CODING PATTERN FOR STRUCTURED HOUSING LAYOUTS from
- Every houses/structure is coded in relation to its accessible coded street.
- All houses/structure alongside the community main street are assigned a 2-digit code.
- Houses/structures on the left of the main street from the entry point are assigned odd number starting from 01.
- Houses/structure on the right of the main street from the entry point are also assigned even numbers starting from 02.
- A 4- digit coded house implies that the house is located behind a 2-digit coded house.
- The coding of the houses or structures also follows the first contacted house from the entry point, the first coded principle.
OSL CODING PATTERN FOR STRUCTURED HOUSING LAYOUT IN A COMMUNITY
KEY FACTS ON OSL INFORMAL HOSING LAYOUT CODING PATTERN
- This coding pattern is best suited for communities with informal housing layouts.
- All houses/structure and empty plots alongside the community main street are assigned with 2-digit codes. Thus 01,03,05,etc will be the houses on the left whilst 02,04,06,08.etc will be the house on the right.
- Any house/structure and empty plot behind a 2-digit coded house will bear the code of the house plus additional 2-digit code indicting its sequential position from that house. Such a house will bear 4-digit codes(eg,0101, 0201,0303,etc).